This week for me was all about finishing the report. I had some very late nights.
![]() |
| Pestering me while I write |
I had to do analysis that were too complicated to me. Thank goodness for AI. It created all the excel formulas for me. I never could have done that. On cleaning days we went to the church so I could just write while the reds worked on their Marvel marathon.
![]() |
| Uber eats lunch at the church |
Last night I sent the report to my professor, but I felt no relief...just disappointment in myself. This has been the strangest writing experience for me. Maybe it was because it was in a sleep deprived brain fog, but I felt like I hadn't written it cohesively enough. The end, where I'm supposed to make all the points feels incomplete. I hope my professor isn't disappointed in the work I did. I sent it off to her and then she told me she will look at it on Wednesday...I could have had 2 more days to work on it. I guess I can go back and read it with rested eyes tomorrow and make any adjustments I need to. I am glad it is done. Now I can focus on other things here. And start on the next report that needs to be done before I leave.
Elizabeth and Malachi went to their movie yesterday. Elizabeth has been excited about it for about a month. Malachi and her barely finished all the movies she made them watch to prepare for it. They had a good time.
Every day when I cook dinner, I get Elizabeth to come in and help me. Her job is always to wash the vegetables which is a bit tricky because the tap water isn't safe so you can't have a droplet of water on your lettuce or cilantro. She has to use boiled water and a special rinse to wash them, so that is her job. She is also the deejay for my evening cooking. Lately we listen to Natalie's k-drama playlist with some Lewis Capaldi. It is all mellow music. Then when dinner is ready she plays "We don't talk about Bruno," but just the line that says "time for dinner!" which she plays over and over until Malachi gets off the iPad and starts to help set the table. Malachi's job when I'm cooking is to get water if I need it--for cooking rice or noodles. We don't use the tap water for those things. It isn't like what you might imagine since we are in Africa. He just has to fill the pot up at the water cooler.
Another little ritual we have here is getting these ice cream bars to give us a little boost when we don't feel like grocery shopping. It does wonders as a pick-me-up.
Since I have emerged from the frantic writing fervour, this week we will do something fun.




3 comments:
congratulations on surviving a brutal writing 'campaign'. I also found that popsicles gave me the gumption to get through a hot trip to the grocery store in lebanon
Did you go to the Nairobi Temple Sept 9 and 16 and did Elizabeth do baptisms? I just did 5 female initiatory today who were baptized on the above dates in Nairobi! Mom.
That would definitely have been Elizabeth. We go every Wednesday
Post a Comment